At least he didn't try to spin it.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
At least he didn't try to spin it.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
If Obama loses the election it will be because of men like that in the clip go for McCain.
The small business owner's are what have built this country and they have a strong voice when November comes be it a presidential election, gubernatorial election, congressional election, etc...
Taking money out of their pockets to "spread" it around will not bode well for Obama.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The small business owner's are what have built this country</div></div>
Think again.
Which is the bigger name, Exxon Mobil or Barnette Enterprises? AIG or Miner's Exchange Bank? Wal-Mart or White's Fresh Foods?
Corporations fargin control this country--they've got the lobbyists, they've got the money, they've got the lawyers--they've got the stroke to get things done in Washington. All small business owners have is their singular vote...so who's really in control? Small business may have built it but it has next to no control nowadays--big business corps have that covered...and that's who needs to be taxed even more.
And you got it right--that was a clip and a momentary encounter. We didn't hear all of it--I'd love to see the whole deal. You could tell that it was edited to fit the purpose & talking point it was meant for.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I apologize, I don't know the history of this country. None of us can ever dream of rising to your intelligence level. Maybe we should all consult your mass knowlegde before we make a political or historical post on here...
So the mom and pop heating and cooling businesses who puts food on the plates of 10 or so families have no clout? So the guy who owns his own plumbing business and employs 15 or so people and goes to the hospital so see one of his employee's children being born doesn't carry any weight? The guy who runs the grocery store and still allows people to charge on credit because its a small town and he knows that people are good for it carries no weight either? The people who work for Exxon, minus the big wigs, could not care less how the political climate affects the company.
The small communities with businesses and employees like this in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Michigan will decide this election. So, you might ortta think again before lecturing me.
The way you talk to down to folks on here is a joke. I don't know what you have done to legitimatly think you are so far above everyone on the intelligence scale.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Small business owners are the back bone of this economy. Pure and simple. And Cane, who provides the most jobs in this area - Exxon or Barnette's?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small business owners are the back bone of this economy. Pure and simple. And Cane, who provides the most jobs in this area - Exxon or Barnette's? </div></div>
Barnette's wouldn't exist overall w/o oil and Exxon and their other big oil cohorts are why oil even gets from the drill to the refinery and eventually to Double Kwik/Fas-Mart's pumps. Basically by proxy--if you're an employee of Barnette's, you're an employee of big oil--because one definitely depends upon the other. And yes--I know Barnette's does other stuff, i.e--tobacco wholesale (which leads to another big corp lobby, but that's same song different verse).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way you talk to down to folks on here is a joke. I don't know what you have done to legitimatly think you are so far above everyone on the intelligence scale.</div></div>
I'm not talking down to people, for the record--I just think I don't have the typical POV that most do around here, and I express it--and people don't like it. It's always been take it or leave it with me--it simply doesn't matter. I'm the first to tell you I'm not always right, but I will express a viewpoint that I have. I won't apologize for that, and I don't expect you to either.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the mom and pop heating and cooling businesses who puts food on the plates of 10 or so families have no clout? So the guy who owns his own plumbing business and employs 15 or so people and goes to the hospital so see one of his employee's children being born doesn't carry any weight? The guy who runs the grocery store and still allows people to charge on credit because its a small town and he knows that people are good for it carries no weight either? The people who work for Exxon, minus the big wigs, could not care less how the political climate affects the company.
The small communities with businesses and employees like this in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Michigan will decide this election. So, you might ortta think again before lecturing me.</div></div>
To answer your 3 questions in that first paragraph above--locally, yeah sure--they've got clout. But when it comes to national politics, they don't have any stroke whatsoever, just a vote on election day and that's IT. They can try to get their employees to vote one way if they wish, but most of the time the employee's going to vote their convictions in the end, and that may run counter to their employer's convicitons just because of human nature. They may depend upon that heating/cooling business, plumbing, or grocery day-to-day--but it's not big enough to truly affect the lives of many and make things better or worse as a whole.
As for the last statement in that paragraph, I'd about lay you odds that they do care and that they're such a big part of Exxon an so dependant upon it, that they'll likely vote the company line...why? Because Exxon is BIG. People/smaller companies have become dependant upon Exxon not only for services but to employ them and their customers. It seems like a good idea for Exxon to make as much money as they want when it comes looking at it that way because Exxon should let the benefits of bigger profits "trickle-down" to the little man/businesses, right?
Well...welcome to the real world where that doesn't happen and big money gets bigger while the little man/business struggles. That's why I feel that small businesses aren't going to decide this election--it's still the big corps, no matter what Mom N Pop do.
I might "orrta" leave this post where it is...it's getting a little long.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
You might "ortta" get in touch with reality.
I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinions about anything. It's the tone and demeanor with which you reply to people on here. It's ridiculous. You are too pomp and arrogant to realize that. This has nothing to do with your political ideology. I respect everyone's political persuasion. I just refuse to be talked down to and I am sick of seeing you do it in each and every post you make on here. I don't know what your career is or what your degree is in, but you have done nothing but prove that you are anything but a snob who just wants disagree for the sake of disagreeing in order to possibly boost your ego.
Like I said, the small business owners and their employees in the swing states will play a major role in who wins this election.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
No offense..but I think this election is over already...even Bush never had a 10 point poll lead over Kerry or Gore. That many folks aren't gonna change their minds in 3 weeks time.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinions about anything. It's the tone and demeanor with which you reply to people on here. It's ridiculous. You are too pomp and arrogant to realize that. This has nothing to do with your political ideology. I respect everyone's political persuasion. I just refuse to be talked down to and I am sick of seeing you do it in each and every post you make on here. I don't know what your career is or what your degree is in, but you have done nothing but prove that you are anything but a snob who just wants disagree for the sake of disagreeing in order to possibly boost your ego.</div></div>
You've got a problem with me or if you want some of these questions answered about me, PM me and I'll be glad to tell you.
You're free to your opinion of me as everyone is, but at least talk to me about it instead of trying to down me for attempting to have intelligent conversations on these subjects. I may be forceful and pointed with what I say, but lots of others on here are as well--I may not like it, but that's how they go about it. I think you're mistaking me being forceful/pointed with me talking down to you and being disrespectful--which I'm not trying to be.
I'm not nearly as bad as you're making me out to be. It's not been but a couple of years ago that we met and I shook your hand and joked with you just like I would anyone else. I was not disrespectful and didn't talk down to you--don't have any reason to start now.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said, the small business owners and their employees in the swing states will play a major role in who wins this election. </div></div>
That's your opinion and I respect it. I may not agree with it but to paraphrase Voltaire--I defend your every right to have it.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Bookmarks